<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Blessed Mama's Blurbs: Warlords of Draenor Cinematic & Release Date

Friday, August 15, 2014

Warlords of Draenor Cinematic & Release Date



Before I start this post, I just want to say this. Yes, I am a gamer mom. No, I am not ashamed of this. I have been playing video games since I was 13. I fell in love with Blizzard games back in the late 90's after seeing my brother play them. I have been part of the World of Warcraft world since 2004, the day it went live. 10 years it will be come this November. 10 very long years. I am what you call a WoW veteran. I have been there for every single patch change to the game, every expansion, all of it. I was even invited to experience the beta for Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. Most people play because they want to be the elite, the top dogs, the best. I have played because of the lore. I love the storyline and love learning new things about the characters and even the game as a whole. I have my favorite characters. Thrall, Vol'jin, Grom Hellscream, Sylvanas Windrunner are a few to top my list. That will be enough for background info and why I love this game so much.

The time is upon us for another World of Warcraft expansion release. This one is called Warlords of Draenor. Beings I have played for so long it seems kind of tedious at times to continue on. I have at the very least 5 level 90's in this game and leveling characters to 90 can get boring fast. I told my husband (who by the way I got into playing this game in 2009) that more than likely THIS will be the expansion that ruins it all for me. It will be the ice breaker. It won't have enough oomph as you call it to bring me, a WoW veteran, back to playing. Boy, was I wrong.

I just watched the cinematic that they released to the world just yesterday and OMG... a single tear rolled down my cheek. Why? Why would I let a cinematic for a game cause me to tear up? Here's why. One of my favorite storylines EVER in the history of Warcraft lore has to do with Grom Hellscream. This expansion coming up has him in it. We as Warcraft players will get to see some of the old players in the game that we have yet to ever experience in the World of Warcraft universe. If you've played the game up until it's current content, you will know the storyline. I don't want to give too many details and ruin it for those of you out there who plan to come back and play but... after watching the cinematic, I do not see a good road ahead for Grom. It's been rumored that in this expansion he will be one of the end bosses. I sure hope not. Rumors are rumors but everyone called it out that Garrosh would be the end boss in the last expansion and we were all right about that. For those who don't know, Garrosh is Grom's son. He's quite... different from his father. With Garrosh going back in time and creating the Iron Horde and changing history, it seems like Grom is going to go from the good guy who sacrificed his life for his people to the guy who has an ego so large that it's going to ruin everything, all because his son convinces him not to do what he originally did in the storyline. If you love WoW just as much as I have come to over these past almost 10 years, you'll already know nothing good can come from any of this. I'm excited to run around in the world of Draenor with my hubby by my side to fight through all of this with Durotan by our sides. Durotan is Thrall's dad. You get to meet some other pretty badass characters that have come to play in Warcraft lore but I won't mention who. I'd prefer that people do their own searches online to see what this game is all about as a whole. I think if you've never given it a chance, you'll love it. It's different. As many times as I have tried to go to other games, I find myself ALWAYS coming back to this one. Rift, Everquest, none of the other MMOs out there compare to this one.

Here is the cinematic if you want to check it out.



I will see all of you WoW vets and even noobs on the battlefield come November 13th, 2014 - RELEASE DAY!!

FOR THE HORDE!! (The true Horde... not this "Iron Horde" mess)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service