<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Blessed Mama's Blurbs: KidsEmail - Safe Email for Kids Review #kidsemail

Sunday, December 28, 2014

KidsEmail - Safe Email for Kids Review #kidsemail


KidsEmail protects kids while still giving them the freedom to email. It is powerful and safe. It's a must have for any child and parent's have total control over who the child can email.

Two types of accounts: Kids and Teens.

Features
*Mail Monitoring - Parents receive copies of ALL incoming and outgoing mail.
*Time Restrictions - You can restrict times of the day, days of week or even ground child from using email.
*Mail Queue - Parents can intercept mail that fails safety rules or accept/deny email.
*Block Senders - If you allow child to receive mail from anyone, you can still block people by adding them to a blacklist.
*Contact Manager - Add family and friends to contact list. Also can deny sending/receiving of emails to/from anyone not belonging to child's list.
*No Ads - No advertising is offered on site. Child will not see anything inappropriate.
*GPS Tracker - For kids that use free app on GPS enabled device, you can track where kids are or have been.
*Custom Mailbox Folders - Child can create folders to keep mail organized.
*Remove Links & Images - Simple setting that can be enabled/disabled if desired.
*Control Attachment Types - Allow only specific attachment types such as images, pictures, video, mp3s, zip, pdf, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
*Offensive Word Filter - Filter out all offensive words found in incoming mail.
*Spam Filtering - Keeps spam out of child's inbox.
*Template Options - Kids can modify the look of their account to something that better suits them.
*Activity Log - Logs when your child logs in and when they attempted to log in during restricted time.


Plans

Trial - FREE for 30 days
Annual - 12 months + 1 month FREE for $2.99/month (up to 6 email accounts) ($38.95 annually)
Monthly - $4.95/month (up to 4 email accounts)

Supported Platforms

*iPhone App Store
*Android
*Kindle Fire

You can find all of this information plus TONS more on their website by clicking the link below.




KidsEmail has put together a fantastic program for kids to be able to use email. For awhile I wanted to create an account for my oldest who is 9 so she could email family and friends. However, I was hesitant to do so because of all the spam she could possibly receive and because the email I would have signed her up for doesn't have parental controls.

When I was offered the chance to review KidsEmail, I knew instantly it would be something both she and I would love. All of the features it comes with to protect her from unwanted email gave me peace of mind.



As you can see above, there are many ways to keep the stuff you don't want your children to receive out. Also, there are ways to prevent people you don't want contacting your kids from doing so. It's a pretty simple app.


I added myself to her approved contact list and sent her an email from my account. I also showed her how easy it was to send an email to someone else.


After I set up her email account, I handed the reins over to her. I allowed her to customize it to how she wanted. As you can see, she went with a pretty pink background. I knew she'd pick that one! Haha. She also chose a picture for her account.

As a parent, I really love this app. My daughter has used it for a few weeks now and really enjoys it. After receiving a tablet for Christmas, she can access it whenever she wants and I'll know she's in good hands. It's definitely worth trying out with your kids even if for right now you just try the 30 day free trial.

KidsEmail deserves every reward and recognition they have received, plus some in my book. I didn't have a single problem with this program online or even through the app. It runs fast and smooth.  I highly recommend this email program to any parent with kids who are social.

Disclosure: Financial compensation was received for this post. A sample product was also given by KidsEmail for me to review. Opinions expressed here are 100% my own.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service