<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Blessed Mama's Blurbs: I Wish I Were A Shark eBook Review

Saturday, October 4, 2014

I Wish I Were A Shark eBook Review



Age Range: 4-9
Author: Dan Jackson

Meet a Dolphin who wants to be a Shark

This is Johnny. Johnny is a dolphin. He is 6 years old, some people would call him a small dolphin. 

But Johnny doesn't want to be a dolphin. He would prefer to be a SHARK. 
He wants to have all the advantages that SHARKS have. 
So, let’s join him on his dream.






It's a good book for a young child but has the same type of feel that I Wish I Were A Lion has. I just can't seem to get over the part where Fox and now this dolphin would rather be someone else over being themselves. I could understand if they were looking at these other animals as heroes. I did the same thing when I was growing up. However, the feel of the book doesn't make it seem that way. It doesn't leave anything in the end where they are ok with being themselves. Some kids pick up on stuff like that right away. Other's may not. From an adult view, that is the only thing that I feel is wrong with it.

Here are some thoughts from my 8 year old daughter about it.

"I like the look of the sharks. I like the pictures. The author is really good. I like the book. The book is awesome."

I like that I have a child who can read these books for me as well and give me her perspective. 

As a mom, I rate this book a 4 out of 5.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service