<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Blessed Mama's Blurbs: I Wish I Were a Lion eBook Review

Saturday, October 4, 2014

I Wish I Were a Lion eBook Review



Age Range: 4-11
Author: Dan Jackson

This is Bross. Bross is a FOX. He is 7 years old. 
But Bross doesn't want to be a FOX. He would prefer to be a LION. 
He wants to have all the advantages that LION have. 
So, let’s join him on his dream. 





I would first like to say that this book is great. It's basically a fox telling you all about how he would like to be a lion and he gives you reasons as to why. Those reasons also happen to be facts about lions. You never see the fox in the story because of why he'd rather be a lion. Lions are beautiful creatures but so are foxes. As a child, they don't see stuff like this when they read books. Not in the mind of a 4 year old at least. They are still learning about the world and it's not been imprinted in their minds yet by society that other people or creatures are "better". I loved the pictures, his reasons for wanting to be a lion and all the facts but I personally feel that maybe in the end something should have been mentioned about himself and why being a fox is so great. Fox sounds kinda down to me about who he is and his place in the world.

I let my daughter read this as well (who is 8) and here are her thoughts.

"I wish I were a lion. The book gives information about lions that I didn't even know. It also gives what it would be like if I were a lion. It was a good book. I like that it has lions. I also like the pictures of the lions. The lions looked cute. I like that the book is non-fiction. I like that they gave real live photographs. The book is a cool book. I like the author who made it."

The fact that she didn't even pick up on why Fox would rather be Lion and not himself tells me that she still has yet to pick up on that concept herself.

As a mom, I give this book a 4 out of 5 rating.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service