<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Blessed Mama's Blurbs: Scared: Ten Tales of Horror eBook Review #RayneHall

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Scared: Ten Tales of Horror eBook Review #RayneHall



Book Name: Scared: Ten Tales of Horror
Author: Rayne Hall
Length: 134 pages
Purchase Here: Amazon

#RayneHall

Follow Rayne Hall


A collection of exciting, scary, thrilling short stories by ten different authors. 
Enjoy the goose-pimples, the clammy hands, the creeping chills, and the pounding heart. When you've finished reading, you can return to the real world and know you'll be safe. Or will you? 

1. OUT OF ORDER by Karen Heard 
What do you do when the lights go out and the screaming starts? 

2. OUR LADY OF THE TOADS by Deborah J. Ross writing as Deborah Wheeler 
The large, ugly toad perched in front of the gate was truly worthy of being a witch's familiar. 

3. FAMILY HEIRLOOM by Pamela Turner 
This weapon has a mind of its own. 

4. RING OF STONES by Donna Johnson 
Jake Barnes seeks revenge on the cursed creature living in the abandoned well. 

5. DEATH COMES FOR MAGGIE MCDANIEL by Grayson Bray Morris 
A bully's cruel hand grants Maggie's dearest wish. 

6. CREATURES OF THE NIGHT by William Meikle 
What if intense fantasies create a different reality? 

7. DRUID STONES by Rayne Hall 
Modern druids enact an ancient ritual, and a woman watches in secret. 

8. THE LOFT by Liv Rancourt 
Three women from the church choir learn that evil is everywhere. 

9. LIFE IN MINIATURE by Tracie McBride 
Street kid Michael thinks it's his lucky day when a do-gooder picks him up off the street. 

10. YOU HAVE ONE MESSAGE by Jonathan Broughton 
Press * for connection. 


Some of these stories have been previously published in magazines, ezines, story collections and anthologies. 
They may not be suitable for young readers.



Rayne Hall has put together a great collection of horror books. I'm not one who usually reads many horror stories. I am more into horror movies but I as a reader seriously felt like I was within a horror movie just reading some of these short stories.

There were 3 specific stories that stuck out the most to me and left me on the edge of my seat. 

The first story I really enjoyed was FAMILY HEIRLOOM. I hope to never come across an item that does what the kris did in this story. To even think such an object existed just makes me skin crawl. Pamela Turner did a great job with this story and she kept me interested.

The second story I enjoyed was DEATH COMES FOR MAGGIE MCDANIEL. Little did I know she was dead the entire time. It would really suck to be stuck in between our world and the world of the dead. To know you can see your loved ones but they can't see nor touch you is truly a horror in itself. Grayson Bray Morris left me on the edge of my seat for this one. 

The third story I enjoyed was CREATURES OF THE NIGHT. Definitely a different kind of story and the writer was very detailed in what they wrote. They kinda made me laugh in the beginning of the tale but ended up creeping me out by the end.

All of the stories in this book are great in my opinion. These 3 were the ones that stuck out the most. If you like variety in your horror stories along with several different writers, this is definitely the book for you.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blessedmamasblurbs.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service